Strata Clean Energy is a national leading developer of commercial and utility-scale solar farms ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US.
We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees.
We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost-efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies.
We’re leading the industry in sustainable energy careers. We hope you’ll join us.
The Structural Engineer is a key position within the Strata EPC team. Applicant will be responsible for the
structural engineering aspects of solar pile and racking systems. This will include design, development,
analysis, support, and other structural engineering related tasks to inform and support project design and
This position will interface with inside and outside structural and geotechnical engineers and other designers
to develop strategies and techniques to improve screening and characterization of current and prospective
sites, specifically as it relates to foundation types and pile section sizes.
The position will also assist during the execution of construction projects, specifically intermediate and deep
foundation systems (aggregate piers, helical piers, steel piles, drilled and grouted piles, etc.), as well as
shallow foundations consisting of cast-in-place concrete and pre-cast concrete footings.
This position will also require working with other project engineers, project managers, and other stakeholders
within the EPC team, as well as assist in developing strategies for cost effective, risk-reduced foundation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collaboration with inside and outside Geotechnical, Structural, and Electrical Engineers on assigned
· Coordination and supervision of Structural engineering and design services by Consultants, including
contract management, development and review of scopes of services, and invoice review.
· Review, editing, and/or commenting on construction drawings, structural and pile capacity calculations,
and geotechnical reports.
· Work with design teams and project development teams to develop risk reduction strategies, options,
· Continuous improvement of systems and processes that drive structural and foundation designs
· Assist civil and electrical engineers in the design of PV systems and interpretation of concrete and
steel materials testing results, as needed.
· Assist during preliminary design and analysis of system foundations and racking.
· The ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to analyze and design structural
elements and systems.
· Utilize Excel, LPILE, and other software programs, required, to perform structural calculations and
check outside consultant deliverables (plans and calculations).
· Work with external Independent or Owner’s Engineer representatives to support project activities
· Occasional site visits for observations of construction materials installation and testing operations
· Coordination with internal and external project stakeholders on technical requests
· Coordination of structural engineering field with external engineering
· Provide engineering functions at lower and/or higher skill levels to accomplish projects.
· Ability to assist with the design and implementation of substitutions and/or improved systems and
· Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
· Minimum of 4 to 6 years in the Structural Engineering or related field.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and within a team.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact on a high-level and
· Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
· Direct experience performing shear and moment calculations on structural steel and/or related
· B.S. in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program
· Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience:
· Professional Engineering (PE) Licensure or ability to obtain within two years
· Direct experience with design of PV racking and foundation systems.
· Advanced degree in Structural/Geotechnical Engineering
· Experience with pile analysis/design and coordination with Geotechnical Engineers.
· Familiarity with the blending of Geotechnical and Structural Engineering disciplines and understanding
of the affects of Geotechnical/soil modeling on pile and other foundation designs.
· Development and implementation of templates and other project specific tools and design
· Familiarity with risk assessment of corrosive environmental conditions on structural steel and concrete
· Intermediate- to advanced-level proficiency in LPILE and other similar structural design and analysis
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: Work is performed in the office and in the field. Must be able to sit, stand, bend, twist and lift up to 50 pounds. May be exposed to weather elements when in the field. Limited out of town travel is required (estimated travel ~ 10-20%).
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.