The Power Plant Maintenance Director acts as the supervisory point of contact for all power plant maintenance activities
for numerous solar power generation plants and portfolios. While the primary focus will be to ensure preventative and
corrective maintenance is performed safely per contractual and company standards, the director will also coordinate work
to ensure power performance meets or exceeds contractual requirements. This individual serves as director and advisor
to the Power Plant Managers in assigned areas and reports directly to the Director of Maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all co-workers and contractors demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with OSHA, NFPA,
state and local codes, and Strata Solar O&M safety policies and procedures during the performance of facilities
• Assign and monitor scheduled and unscheduled plant maintenance activities in the assigned geographical area
performed by both plant maintenance field teams and subcontractors with the objective of optimizing plant
performance and plant operating efficiency.
• Coordinates materials, inventory, fleet vehicles, technicians, and maintenance requirements, achieving servicelevel targets for system repairs.
• Ensure compliance with warranty and O&M contract obligations during the operating period.
• Maintain and schedule routine maintenance, service, trouble shooting and repair of equipment at solar
photovoltaic facilities including but not limited to: Single Axis trackers, Central or String Inverters, Transformers,
AC and DC disconnects, Substation equipment
• Provide maintenance and troubleshooting training to technicians and others as needed.
• Ensure completion and submission of all inspections and testing data provided by assigned field personnel
• Perform analysis of inspection reports and testing data provided by field personnel
• Conduct safety briefings, identify safety hazards and take appropriate action to remove or eliminate hazards
• Manage power plant maintenance budget, inventory, purchasing and invoices.
• Develop new initiatives that will enhance department and organization capabilities and efficiency.
• Development of staffing plans for plant maintenance operations.
• Responsible for coordination of training and professional development of employees.
• Develops and maintains strong customer-focused relationships with all stakeholders.
• Other duties as assigned
Solar Facilities Maintenance Director reports to Director of Maintenance.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum three (3) year experience as functional lead/supervisor of plant maintenance operations.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience working with PV power generation systems in a capacity that may include
design, installation, operation, maintenance, or any combination thereof.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Clear understanding of safe workplace practices and procedures.
• Ability to take direction and complete tasks with minimal oversight.
• Must have the ability to travel, work on-call during off-shift hours, and weekends.
• Ability to operate in a manner consistent with organizational policies, procedures, and vision.
• Ability to communicate with peers, supervisor, and all other individuals both effectively and respectfully within
and outside of the organization.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications to include but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, and SharePoint, as well
as various industry-related software platforms.
• Experience making and/or recommending business decisions that are safe, financially responsible, justifiable
and defensible in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and be able to travel occasionally to remote project sites.
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for the entire duration of a shift.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel or bend.
• Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 lbs overhead repeatedly.
• Ability to wear full complement of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
• Must have the ability to travel, work on-call during off-shift hours and weekends.
• Perform all other duties as assigned