Strata Clean Energy is a leading developer, EPC, and service provider for utility-scale solar and storage systems in the United States. We control and self-perform all processes from our nationwide solar and storage developments, to construction, O&M, and Asset Management.
Our employees are empowered to drive our business in a collaborative, creative, and passion-driven environment that fosters long-term professional growth. There is a lot to learn at Strata, but we’re here to help you give your best and have a good time doing it.
At Strata, you’re part of something big. We’re leading the industry in sustainable energy careers. We are driving innovation to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Join us in powering the future.
The Power Plant Maintenance (PPM) Special Projects Field Technician is a highly motivated solar electrical
technician whose demonstrated expertise enables them to perform advanced electrical, telecommunication,
and mechanical repair and maintenance activities, to include testing and repair of all major and balance-ofsystem components utilized in utility scale solar photovoltaic (“PV”) power generation. This professional will
be leading and overseeing a team of PPM Special Projects Field Technicians and be responsible for
scheduling and completion of special projects across the fleet. This position requires maintaining excellent
documentation and communication with outside parties. This role demands extensive travel up to 75% of the
time to remote solar sites with extended stays for up but not limited to 5 consecutive days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all peers and subcontractors demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with OSHA,
NFPA, state and local codes, and Strata Solar Clean Energy O&M safety policies and procedures in the
performance of plant maintenance activities.
• Lead safety briefings that identify all potential hazards within a scope of electrical work as well as ways to
mitigate exposure to any hazardous conditions.
• Work on and around energized electrical parts in compliance with all electrical codes and company
• Use multimeter, low resistance Ohmmeter, PV Analyzer, IR thermometer, IR camera, and hand-held
irradiance meter as well as a variety of hand tools in the performance of electrical maintenance work.
• Perform Lockout/Tagout activities to ensure work is always performed in compliance with intended
electrical isolation procedures.
• Troubleshoot & diagnose common Direct Current (“DC”) faults within the PV plant.
• Review and update work orders for accuracy.
• Complete and submit all assigned inspection and testing data as required.
• Create excellent, detailed documentation.
• Travel to various sites across the company portfolio.
• Troubleshoot & diagnose a wide range of Direct Current (“DC”) faults within the PV plant.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum three (3) years of experience working with energized AC or DC systems or other relevant
• Ability to demonstrate basic working knowledge of electrical theory & PV power generating system
• Comprehensive knowledge of testing equipment, tools and procedures utilized in the maintenance of PV
power generation systems.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other Power Plant Maintenance technicians, interdepartmental
technicians and other personnel, vendors, and subcontractors in the performance of scheduled and
unscheduled plant maintenance activities.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications to include but not limited to MS Word, MS Excel, and
SharePoint, as well as various industry-related software platforms to include but not limited to CMMS,
Flir Tools, and PV Analyzer.
• Ability to operate in a professional workmanlike manner consistent with the organization’s policies,
procedures, and vision.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and be able to travel occasionally to remote project sites.
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for the entire duration of a shift.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel or bend.
• Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 lbs. overhead repeatedly.
• 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction and ability to distinguish colors.
• Ability to wear full complement of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
• Must have the ability to travel up to 75 % of the time, work on-call during off-shift hours and weekends.
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.