Strata Clean Energy is a leading developer, EPC, and service provider for utility-scale solar and storage systems in the United States. We control and self-perform all processes from our nationwide solar and storage developments, to construction, O&M, and Asset Management.
Our employees are empowered to drive our business in a collaborative, creative, and passion-driven environment that fosters long-term professional growth. There is a lot to learn at Strata, but we’re here to help you give your best and have a good time doing it.
At Strata, you’re part of something big. We’re leading the industry in sustainable energy careers. We are driving innovation to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Join us in powering the future.
Strata Clean Energy intends to become one of the largest producers of green hydrogen derivatives (ammonia,
methanol, methane, SAF). We intend to leverage our industry leading position in structuring 24/7 hourly matching
renewable energy offtake contracts which draw power from our renewable energy portfolio which exceeds 18GWs.
Join the team that is going to develop the solutions which promise to decarbonize the hardest segments of the
modern industrial economy.
The Development Director will be responsible for leading Strata Clean Energy's P2X project development efforts over
a portfolio of projects. The Director will have strong knowledge of the commercial and regulatory framework
throughout the region and will develop a commercial strategy for current and future project development. The Director
is responsible for managing and growing the pipeline of projects. They are expected to manage execution of that
strategy both directly through developing projects and by managing a team – of developers, siting experts and others
– to develop projects.
• Lead all commercial and development activities in Strata’s key market, including offtake & origination, new
project siting, interconnection, permitting, various real estate needs, and relationship management for a
growing portfolio of projects.
• Work with the GH2 Leader to craft and refine a market strategy to determine where Strata should develop or
acquire projects, considering Strata’s strengths and weaknesses, county relations, pricing, and available
• Work closely with Interconnection, Legal, Policy, Storage, EPC, and Project Finance teams to vet and enact
said strategy and tactics.
• Increase Strata’s current portfolio of sites to meet growing demand from Strata’s key customers and Strata’s
regional pipeline targets; utilizing land acquisition experts & land agents to nurture new sites, and working
with Strata’s M&A team to evaluate potential project acquisitions.
• Engage directly with key customers, regulators, trade groups and competitors, and maintain strong
relationships to position Strata to capitalize early on opportunities in the region.
• Oversee and provide guidance to P2X focused developers on their active and prospective projects.
• Work with Business Development and Community Relations teams to design and execute on a local affairs
strategy to bolster support for Strata project entitlement efforts at the county level (e.g., with County Planning
• Maintain expertise in the regulatory and commercial environment; analyze and interpret regulations, power
economics, input prices and other data by market and provide input to the company’s business plan and
• Frequent travel to meet with customers and key stakeholders, and as needed for project development.
• Manage a team of specialists, and consultants to fully develop Strata’s portfolio, and grow that team as
necessary to meet Strata’s goals.
• Take on a leadership role within the Development team, mentoring and coaching developers to improve their
skills in negotiation, analysis, risk assessment and business development.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience; master’s or law degree preferred.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in renewables project development.
• Deep understanding of the policy, regulatory and competitive dynamics that drive revenue and market
• Strong relationship management skills & track record of success at managing teams.
• Strong project management skills & able to flexibly manage work across multiple distinct projects.
• Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, attention to detail and accountability. Ability to multi-task and
work in a deadline driven environment.
• Interested in joining a dynamic, value-building environment and being part of a high-performing and
• Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Proficiency in using MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.