Strata Clean Energy is a leading developer, EPC, and service provider for utility-scale solar and storage systems in the United States. We control and self-perform all processes from our nationwide solar and storage developments, to construction, O&M, and Asset Management.
Our employees are empowered to drive our business in a collaborative, creative, and passion-driven environment that fosters long-term professional growth. There is a lot to learn at Strata, but we’re here to help you give your best and have a good time doing it.
At Strata, you’re part of something big. We’re leading the industry in sustainable energy careers. We are driving innovation to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Join us in powering the future.
Come join our growing team and make your mark on renewable energy as a solar Plant Maintenance
Regional Manager! The Plant Maintenance Regional Manager is a highly experienced solar electrical
technician and leader whose demonstrated expertise enables direct leadership over advanced electrical,
telecommunication, and mechanical maintenance activities, to include testing and repair of all major and
balance-of-system components utilized in utility scale solar photovoltaic (“PV”) power generation. These
generating sites represent investments that can exceed $100M. This individual will be expected to lead a
team of Plant Maintenance Technicians and be responsible for scheduling and completion of all work in
the assigned region as well as excellent documentation and communication with outside parties. If you
have field leadership experience and have an interest in leveraging your solar maintenance capabilities to
deliver outstanding results to our customers, please keep reading!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Safety First! All of our Technicians & Regional Managers are champions of safety at our PV plants.
Ensure that all employees and subcontractors demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with
OSHA, NFPA, state and local codes, and Strata Solar Services safety policies and procedures in the
performance of regional plant maintenance activities.
• Train & empower technicians to lead safety briefings that identify all potential hazards within a
scope of electrical work as well as ways to mitigate exposure to any hazardous conditions.
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of electrical theory and train employees to understand
electrical design drawings as well as quickly identify & escalate electrical safety hazards.
• Oversee all scheduled and unscheduled plant maintenance activities in the assigned region and
perform maintenance activities where needed with the objective of optimizing plant performance
and plant operating efficiency, as well as preserving warranties on plant equipment exceeding
$100 million in value.
• Confirm compliance with warranty and O&M contract obligations on a regular basis.
• Perform analysis of inspection and testing data provided by field personnel and subcontractors and
provide technical recommendations to customer-facing teams.
• Compile maintenance reports that professionally present the results of work done by employees
and subcontractors and provides evidence of warranty preservation.
• Participate in system design reviews, scope of work reviews, and legal contract reviews for new
projects that SSS is bidding on.
• Manage regional plant maintenance budget, inventory, purchasing and invoices.
• Work on and around energized electrical parts in compliance with all electrical codes and company
policies as instructed during training sessions.
• Use multimeter, low resistance Ohmmeter, PV Analyzer, IR thermometer, IR camera, hand-held
irradiance meter, underground fault locator, insulation resistance tester, and crimping tool as well
as a variety of hand tools in the performance of electrical maintenance work.
• Supervise Lockout/Tagout activities to ensure work is always performed in compliance with
intended electrical isolation procedures.
• Develop switching orders & perform switching on devices up to and including 230kV transmission
grid connection points.
• Troubleshoot & diagnose a wide range of Direct Current (“DC”) faults within the PV plant and
perform DC preventive maintenance activities.
• Operate medium- and high-voltage load-break devices in the performance of preventive & reactive
• Perform advanced troubleshooting & maintenance on SCADA systems as well as measurement
• Operate machinery such as bucket truck, variable reach forklift, and mini-excavator in the
performance of plant maintenance activities.
• Lead investigations of plant outages, DC underperformance, and other unexpected plant & SCADA
• Supervise other technicians and subcontractors in their performance of maintenance activities.
• Develop & implement preventive maintenance schedules based on component warranty
requirements & electrical best practices.
Direct supervision of Power Plant Maintenance Technicians and subcontractors, to include
interviewing & hiring new personnel as well as performance management of existing personnel.
• Will participate in the environmental compliance program, administrative record maintenance of
regulated hazardous and non-hazardous waste, conduct routine inspections, and support
emergency response operations.
• Assists maintaining compliance with Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum five (5) years of experience working directly on energized industrial AC and DC systems
with at least two of those years working on PV power generation systems or similar systems with
directly transferable skills that align with those listed in this job description.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience supervising electrical work with primary responsibility for
electrical safety and process adherence of the personnel performing such work.
• Ability to demonstrate strong working knowledge of electrical theory & PV power generating
• Aptitude for learning and understanding operation of various testing equipment, tools and
procedures utilized in the maintenance of PV power generation systems.
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate well with peer Technicians and other personnel, vendors, and
• Proficiency with MS Office applications to include but not limited to MS Word and Excel, as well as
an ability to learn new computer programs without difficulty.
• Ability to operate in a professional workmanlike manner consistent with the organization’s policies,
procedures, and vision.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• Must be able to work in an outdoor environment and be able to travel occasionally to remote
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for the entire duration of a shift.
• Must be able to stoop, kneel or bend.
• Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 lbs. overhead repeatedly.
• Ability to wear full complement of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
• Must have the ability to travel, work on-call during off-shift hours and weekends.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.