Strata Clean Energy is a leading developer, EPC, and service provider for utility-scale solar and storage systems in the United States. We control and self-perform all processes from our nationwide solar and storage developments, to construction, O&M, and Asset Management.
Our employees are empowered to drive our business in a collaborative, creative, and passion-driven environment that fosters long-term professional growth. There is a lot to learn at Strata, but we’re here to help you give your best and have a good time doing it.
At Strata, you’re part of something big. We’re leading the industry in sustainable energy careers. We are driving innovation to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Join us in powering the future.
Strata Clean Energy intends to become one of the largest producers of green hydrogen derivatives (ammonia,
methanol, methane, SAF). We intend to leverage our industry leading position in structuring hourly matching
renewable energy offtake contracts which draw power from our renewable energy portfolio which exceeds 18GWs.
Join the team that is going to develop the solutions which promise to decarbonize the hardest segments of the
modern industrial economy.
The Director of Power & Energy will provide strategic leadership for Strata Clean Energy's P2X development projects
across the US. You will drive cutting edge strategies to maximize the project’s value on water, electric, and gas
demand and supply. Drive a world class sustainability program for the enterprise.
· Lead the process to obtain and secure Power / Energy Utility agreements.
· Collaborate to develop each project’s mid-long-term plan for energy supply given the regulator
demands from end customer markets and constraints from various governmental incentives.
· Overall responsibility for managing in-house and 3rd party resources tasked with executing
renewable energy supply RFPs and ultimately PPA contracting.
· Execute electrical supply contracts with Utilities by getting quotes and structure contracts that
reduce cost, minimize risk, and leverage opportunities for the organization.
· Support the development team’s interactions with load serving utilities.
· Assess the energy and environmental impacts of alternative technologies and equipment.
· Evaluate multiple markets and specific sites and their associated power networks and utilities to
identify opportunities and challenges in power procurement.
· Execute a utility management and purchasing plan for each project under development which
includes the large load interconnection process and energy procurement & contracting.
· Own relationships with Qualified Scheduling Entities (QSEs) in ISOs where appropriate.
· Support 3rd party certification of the lifecycle carbon intensity of the green commodity or hydrogen
derivative being produced at the project.
· Develop familiarity with rate structures in each relevant geography and maintain models for
expected power rate structures.
· Manage a team of consultants to fully develop Strata’s portfolio.
· Take on a leadership role within the Development team, mentoring and coaching developers to improve their skills in negotiation,
analysis, risk assessment and business development.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Energy Systems Engineering, Environmental Studies or
· Strong understanding of power markets.
· Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification a plus
· Experience working with utilities to interconnect large loads.
· Experience procuring energy of all types with exposure to renewable energy PPA structures.
· A minimum of 4 years in Industrial Sustainability management, environmental planning and/or related fields.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Proven ability to lead and influence cross functional teams
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to create strong partnerships internally and externally
· Strong computer proficiency using MS Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc)
· Drive for results, strong initiative and the ability to identify opportunities for improvement
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.